Your Menopause, Your Heart showcases menopause, February is American Heart Month and Wear Red Day on Friday, February 3. After menopause, our risk of heart disease can increase…
What is cardiovascular disease (CVD)?
Depending on the Source, the definition of CVD may vary. In What Is Cardiovascular Disease? the World Heart Federation’s (WHF) definition is:
Can more women die of CVD than of breast cancer?
In Women & CVD the WHF note:
No 1 Killer of Women
Is CVD the No 1 killer of women?
Yes. In Rock Your Red the (United States) Go Red for Women explain:
What are risk factors for heart disease?
The (United States) National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and their program The Heart Truth list:
What do CVD risk factors that every woman should know about include?
In Menopause and Cardiovascular Disease: Does Menopause Increase A Woman’s Risk of Heart Disease and Stroke? the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women elaborate on:
- Age at the time of menopause. Women who reach menopause before age 45 have a significantly higher risk of coronary heart disease. Coronary heart disease results from plaque buildup in the arteries
- Estrogen. Levels of estrogen, which helps keep blood vessels relaxed and open, start to decline markedly as menopause approaches. With less estrogen, cholesterol may begin to build up on artery walls. A buildup in vessels leading to the heart or brain can increase the risk of heart disease or stroke.
- Hot flashes and night sweats. Hot flashes and night sweats are the most common menopause-related symptoms and can last up to 10 years. They also are associated with worse cardiovascular disease risk factor levels.
- Depression and sleep problems. In some studies, depression and sleep disturbances were linked to an increased risk of heart disease.
- Increased visceral fat…
- Cholesterol levels and metabolic syndrome risk…
Know Your Numbers
What numbers do women (and men) we need to know?
In Know Your Numbers They Could Just Save Your Life the Go Red for Women explain:
Talk to your healthcare provider today to learn about your Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Blood Sugar and BMI (Body Mass Index). Your heart depends on it”.
Health Topics A-Z
Where may I find Health Topics related to Your Menopause, Your Heart?
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
Health Topics A-Z
Where may I find Links related to Your Menopause, Your Heart?
Your Country may have Links similar to:
LinksThis Links List to third party websites is neither comprehensive nor exhaustive. Inclusion on this Links List does not imply endorsement or recommendation. Non-inclusion on this Links List does not imply non-endorsement or non-recommendation. Third party websites are not under the control of Meno Martha International Menopause Directory. Third party websites may contain explicit medical images and/or sexual references. Please read Meno Martha International Menopause Directory’s Links Policy before proceeding to a Link. Please contact Webmaster if you experience a problem with a Link.
- Ask Early Menopause.org
- Cardiac Arrest
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Doing These 8 Things May Greatly Lower Risk for Heart Disease and Stroke
- Don’t Buy Into Dietary Supplements for Heart Health
- Early Menopause
- February Is American Heart Month
- Go Red for Women
- Heart Health After Menopause
- Heart Healthy Living: Understand Your Risk for Heart Disease
- Heart Healthy Living: What Is Heart Healthy Living?
- Know Your Numbers They Could Just Save Your Life
- Life’s Essential 8
- Lower Your Risk for the Number 1 Killer of Women
- Mayo Clinic Minute: Are You Getting Enough Sleep for Your Best Heart Health? [+ Video Courtesy: Mayo Clinic News Network]
- Mayo Clinic Minute: Obesity and Heart Disease [+ Video Courtesy: Mayo Clinic News Network]
- Mayo Clinic Minute: Tips for A Heart-Healthy Sandwich [+ Video Courtesy: Mayo Clinic News Network]
- Mayo Clinic Minute: Signs of Coronary Artery Disease, How To Reduce Your Risk [+ Video Courtesy: Mayo Clinic News Network]
- Mayo Clinic Minute: What Is Heart Disease? [+ Video Courtesy: Mayo Clinic News Network]
- Mayo Clinic Minute: Women’s Heart Attack Symptoms Vary [+ Video]
- Menopause and Cardiovascular Risk
- Menopause and Women’s Health
- National Wear Red Day® & American Heart Month
- National Wear Red Day® and American Heart Month [Go Red for Women]
- Navigating Menopause: Expert Insights and Solutions | Dr Susan Davis | The Proof Podcast EP 245
- Researchers Take A Closer Look At What COVID-19 Does To the Heart
- Rock Your Red!
- The Heart Truth®
- Tips To Help Manage Menopause Symptoms
- Tips To Keep Stress From Hurting Your Heart
- What Is Cardiovascular Disease?
- What’s National Wear Red Day?
- Women & CVD
- Women and Heart Disease