“While some risk factors cannot be changed, others can be controlled or modified to create a more heart-healthy lifestyle by…”.1
What may the Healthy Heart Umbrella include?
Depending on the Source (DotS) this Umbrella may include:
- Cardiovascular Disease Prevention
- Healthy Heart
- Heart Disease Prevention
- Heart Healthy Diet/Eating
- Heart Healthy Lifestyle
Is there an association between risk factors and a healthy heart?
In Listen To Your Heart: Learn About Heart Disease – Risk Factors for Heart Disease? the (United States) National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) elaborate on:
- Having high blood pressure
- Having high blood cholesterol
- Unhealthy lifestyle
- Being overweight or obese
- Diabetes and prediabetes
- Being physically inactive
- Having a family history of early heart disease
- Having a history of preeclampsia during pregnancy
- Unhealthy diet
- Age (55 or older for women)
Family history of early heart disease is a risk factor that can’t be changed. If your father or brother had a heart attack before age 55, or if your mother or sister had one before age 65, you are more likely to get heart disease yourself”.2
Protect Your Heart
How can we protect our heart?
In Listen To Your Heart: Learn About Heart Disease – Take Action for Your Heart Health? the NHLBI explain:
Being more physically active and eating a healthy diet are important steps for your heart health. You can make the changes gradually, one at a time. But making them is very important.
Here’s some things you can do now for your heart health:
- Move more
- Improve your nutrition and eat healthier
- Check your heart health stats/numbers
- Improve sleep and reduce stress
- Stop smoking
- Aim for a healthy weight
So, the message is clear: Every woman needs to take her heart disease risk seriously—and take action now to reduce that risk”.3
Know Your Numbers
What numbers do I need to know for a healthy heart?
In Know Your Numbers They Could Just Save Your Life Go Red for Women elaborate on:
Health Care Provider
What if I would like help with a healthy heart?
If you would like help with a healthy heart, it may be in your best interest to choose to talk to your health care provider about this. Together you can discuss your options and if required, agree on who may be the most appropriate health care provider to help you.
Health Topics A-Z
Where may I find Health Topics related to Healthy Heart?
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
Where may I find Links related to Healthy Heart?
Your Country may have Links similar to:
Where may I find the Sources quoted?
You may find the Sources quoted at:
- Staying Healthy At Menopause and Beyond: 9. North American Menopause Society https://www.menopause.org/for-women/menopauseflashes/women’s-health-and-menopause/staying-healthy-at-menopause-and-beyond Accessed: 08 September 2021
- Listen To Your Heart: Learn About Heart Disease – Risk Factors for Heart Disease? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/education-and-awareness/heart-truth/listen-to-your-heart Accessed: 08 September 2021
- Listen To Your Heart: Learn About Heart Disease – Take Action for Heart Health. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/education-and-awareness/heart-truth/listen-to-your-heart Accessed: 08 September 2021
- Know Your Numbers They Could Just Save Your Life. Go Red for Women https://www.goredforwomen.org/en/know-your-risk/know-your-numbers Accessed: 08 September 2021