Menopause and Sexuality explains evidence-based solutions for when we feel low libido or vaginal dryness or painful intercourse impact our sexuality.
What is sexuality?
Depending on the Source (DotS) the definition of sexuality may vary. In Sexuality and Intimacy In older Adults, content reviewed: 18 April 2022, the (United States) National Institute on Aging’s (NIA) definition is:
What is libido?
Low Libido and Testosterone Therapy
Can low libido be treated with testosterone therapy?
The video Testosterone Explained (Reviewed: 1 March 2023) includes:
What is vaginal dryness?
Vaginal Dryness Treatment Options
What are some vaginal dryness treatment options?
- “Nonhormone Remedies
- Vaginal Lubricants…
- Vaginal Moisturizers…
- Regular Sexual Stimulation…
- Expanding Your Views of Sexual Pleasure…
- Vaginal Dilators…
- Pelvic Floor Exercises…
- Vaginal Hormone Therapy…
- Low-dose local estrogen…
- FDA-approved low-dose vaginal estrogen products…
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA; Prasterone)
- Low-dose vaginal estrogen or DHEA and a history breast or uterine cancer…
- Systemic Estrogen Therapy
- Other Therapies…
- Vaginal Laser Therapy…”.
What is painful intercourse?
In Sex and Menopause: Treatment for Symptoms – Sex Is Becoming Painful: What Can I Do? content reviewed: 30 September 2021, the NIA elaborate on:
Health Care Provider
Also make an appointment to see your doctor if you experience painful intercourse that’s not resolved by using a vaginal moisturizer (K-Y Liquibeads, Replens, Sliquid, others) or water-based lubricant (Astroglide, K-Y Jelly, Sliquid, others)”.
In Libido: Managing & Treating Low Libido – Seek Advice the JH elaborate on:
- Treatment for any underlying illness or medical condition
- Lifestyle changes and stress management
- Herbal remedies (see an accredited naturopath)
- Hormone therapy (if appropriate)
- Medication changes
- Antidepressants (certain antidepressants may be more suitable, others can reduce libido)
- Stress management
- Couples counselling
- Counselling with a therapist who specialised in sexual concerns”.
Health Topics A-Z
Where may I find Health Topics A-Z related to Menopause and Sexuality?
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
- Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause
- Hormone Therapy
- Hormone Therapy and Vaginal Dryness
- Hormone Therapy and Vaginal Estrogen
- Sexual Health and Libido
- Sexual Health and Menopause
- Sexual Health and Painful Intercourse
- Testosterone Therapy for Women
- Vaginal Atrophy
- Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal and Vulval Treatment Options
Where may I find Links related to Menopause and Sexuality?
Your Country may have Links similar to: