Women are being urged to share their experiences of the health and care system in England, to form the basis of a Women’s Health Strategy, to ensure health services are meeting their needs.
Women’s Health Strategy
In Government Launches Call for Evidence To Improve Health and Wellbeing of Women In England dated 06 March 2021, the Department of Health and Social Care elaborate on:
- “To mark International Women’s Day, the government is launching a 12-week call for evidence to better understand women’s experiences of the health and care system
- All women are urged to share their experiences to form the basis of a new Women’s Health Strategy
- The strategy will set an ambitious and positive new agenda to improve health and wellbeing and ensure health services are meeting the needs of women”.
What are the 6 core-themes included in the call for evidence?
- Placing women’s voices at the centre of their health and care…
- Improving the quality and accessibility of information and education on women’s health…
- Ensuring the health and care system understands and is responsive to women’s health and care needs across the life course…
- Maximising women’s health in the workplace…
- Ensuring research, evidence and data support improvements in women’s health…
- Understanding and responding to the impacts of Covid-19 on women’s health…”.
Female Specific Health Conditions
What is noted about female-specific health conditions?
- “There is also evidence that the impact of female-specific health conditions such as heavy menstrual bleeding, endometriosis, pregnancy-related issues and the menopause on women’s lives is overlooked. This includes the effect they can have on women’s workforce participation, productivity, and outcome”.
Share Your Experiences
How can people share their experiences to “help shape the government’s first ever women’s health strategy”?
When does this consultation close?
Health Topics A-Z
Where may I find Health Topics related to Women’s Health Strategy England?
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
Where may I find Links related to Women’s Health Strategy England?
Your Country may have Links similar to: