Becoming a hot flushing, night sweating, sleep deprived version of our former self during COVID-19, may feel like a twin-challenge for the most resilient menopausal woman.
What is our mental health?
Caring for Our Mental Health
How can we care for our mental health?
Here are some tips to help you get started with self-care:
- Get regular exercise…
- Eat healthy, regular meals and stay hydrated…
- Make sleep a priority
- Try a relaxing activity…
- Set goals and priorities…
- Practice gratitude…
- Focus on positivity…
- Stay connected…”.
Improve Mental Health
How can we improve our mental health?
In How To Improve Mental Health: How Can I Improve My Mental Health? the (United States) MedlinePlus elaborate on self-care:
- Staying positive. It’s important to try to have a positive outlook; some ways to do that include
- Finding balance between positive and negative emotions…
- Trying to hold on to the positive emotions when you have them…
- Taking a break from negative information. Know when to stop watching or reading the news…
- Practicing gratitude, which means being thankful for the good things in your life. It’s helpful to do this every day…
- Taking care of your physical health, since your physical and mental health are connected. Some ways to take care of your physical health include
- Being physically active…
- Getting enough sleep…
- Healthy eating…
- Connecting with others…
- Developing a sense of meaning and purpose in life…
- Developing coping skills…
- Relaxation techniques…”.
Online Resources, Programs and Apps
Are online mental health resources, programs and Apps available?
In How To Improve Mental Health: How Can I Improve My Mental Health? the MedlinePlus elaborate on self-care:
Your health care provider or local community health center may know of your country’s recommended online mental health resources, programs and Apps similar to the (Australian) Department of Health’s Head To Health Find Digital Mental Health Resources From Trusted Service Providers.
Health Care Provider
What if I need help?
In How To Improve Mental Health: How Can I Improve My Mental Health? the MedlinePlus also note:
Health Topics A-Z
Where may I find Health Topics related to Menopause, Mental Health and COVID-19?
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Depression and Women
- Meno Martha’s Look for A Pattern
- Menopause Anxiety
- Menopause Blues
- Menopause Depression
- Menopause Irritability
- Menopause Management
- Menopause Mental Health
- Menopause Mood Changes
- Menopause Mood Swings
- Menopause Psychological Symptoms
- Menopause Symptoms Pattern
- Mental Health
- Mental Illness
Where may I find Links related to Menopause, Mental Health and COVID-19?
Your Country may have Links similar to: