After menopause, a woman’s risk for heart disease and stroke increase. Heart disease and stroke are the number 1 killer of women.
What are risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD)?
There are several risk factors for CVD, including:
- High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Cholesterol
- Being Physically Inactive
- Being Overweight or Obese
- Family History of Heart Disease
- Ethnic Background
- Sex – men are more likely to get CVD earlier than women
- Age – the older you are, the more likely you are to get CVD”.
Health Topics A-Z
Where may I find Health Topics related to Menopause, Heart Disease and Stroke?
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
Where may I find Links related to Menopause, Heart Disease and Stroke?
Your Country may have Links similar to: