Menopause FAQs: Perimenopause includes some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about perimenopause, the menopausal transition or around menopause.
What is the menopausal transition?
- “The menopausal transition and perimenopause are inter-changeable terms”.
What may perimenopause symptoms include?
In What Is Menopause? What Is Perimenopause (The Menopausal Transition)? the AMS elaborate on:
When does perimenopause start?
How long does perimenopause last?
In Menopause Basics: How Long Does the Transition To Menopause Last? the Office on Women’s Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, Womenshealth.gov explain:
Why does perimenopause occur?
In Menopause – What are the Symptoms? a video in the International Menopause Society (IMS) video series Information About Menopause, explains how estrogen declines at menopause and the resulting symptoms.
How is perimenopause diagnosed?
in About Menopause: The Stages of Menopause – Perimenopause: Diagnosis of Perimenopause ? the (Australasian) Jean Hailes for Women’s Health (JH) elaborate on:
- Changes in the nature of your periods, such as:
- How frequent they are now and if that has changed
- How long they last and if that has changed
- How light or heavy they are and if that has changed”.
How may perimenopause be treated?
- Combined oral contraceptive pill (OCP)
- Menopause hormone therapy, or MHT (formerly called hormone replacement therapy, or HRT)
- Mirena® – progestin-releasing intra-uterine device (IUD) for heavy bleeding
- Natural therapies (see an accredited naturopath)”.
Where may I find more Menopause FAQs?
In Menopause FAQs: Expert Answers To Frequently Asked Questions About Menopause you may find more Menopause FAQs. The NAMS explain:
Health Topics A-Z
Where may I find health topics related to Menopause FAQs: Perimenopause?
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
Where may I find Menopause FAQs: Perimenopause Links?
Your Country may have Links similar to: