Menopause FAQs: Hormone Therapy for includes some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about hormone therapy (HT), menopause hormone therapy (MHT) or hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
What is hormone therapy (HT)?
Depending on the Source the definition of HT may vary. In Menopause Management: Menopause Hormone Therapy (MHT) – What Is MHT? the (Australian) Jean Hailes for Women’s Health definition is:
Is HT safe?
In Menopause – Is Menopausal Hormone Therapy (HRT) Safe? a video in the International Menopause Society (IMS) video series Information About Menopause explains:
How effective is HT for vasomotor symptoms (VMS) such as hot flushes/hot flashes and night sweats?
In the Revised Global Consensus Statement on Menopausal Hormone Therapy – endorsed by seven menopause-related organizations – published online 20 June 2016, one of the points of consensus is:
- “MHT, including tibolone and the combination of conjugated equine estrogens and bazedoxifene (CE/BZA), is the most effective treatment for vasomotor symptoms (VMS) associated with menopause at any age, but benefits are more likely to outweigh risks if initiated for symptomatic women before the age of 60 years or within 10 years after menopause”.
Does HT make women put on weight?
If women only have vaginal dryness, is there HT for down there?
In the Revised Global Consensus Statement on Menopausal Hormone Therapy – endorsed by seven menopause-related organizations – another point of consensus is:
- “The use of custom-compounded hormone therapy is not recommended because of lack of regulation, rigorous safety and efficacy testing, batch standardization, and purity measures”.
Where may I find more HT FAQs?
Where may I find Menopause FAQs: Hormone Therapy Links?
Your Country may have Links similar to:
Where may I find health topics related to Menopause FAQs: Hormone Therapy?
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
- Bioidentical Hormones
- Hormone Therapy
- Hormone Therapy Benefits and Risks
- Hormone Therapy FAQs
- Hormone Therapy Videos
- Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Plus Progestogen Therapy
- Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Therapy
- Hormone Therapy and Vaginal Estrogen
- Hormone Therapy Questions to Ask
- Women’s Health Initiative