Menopause FAQs: Depression, Anxiety, Moods is some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about menopause emotional and psychological symptoms.
Menopause and Depression
Is there an association between menopause and depression?
In Menopause FAQS: Your Health After Menopause – Q. My family tells me that I’ve become moody, and I admit that I sometimes feel blue or short-tempered. Menopause? the North American Menopause Society (NAMS) explain:
Menopause Emotional Symptoms
What are some menopause emotional symptoms?
In Symptoms of Menopause: What Are the Symptoms of Menopause? the (Australian) Jean Hailes for Women’s Health (JH) explain:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty sleeping
- Feeling anxious
- Feeling irritable
- Feeling you are not able to cope as well as you used to
- Increasing PMS (premenstrual syndrome)
- Less interest in sex
- Lowered mood
- Mood swings”.
Look for A Pattern
On page two in Mental & Emotional Health: What Can You Do To Help Your Mental & Emotional Health the JH explain:
- “Keep a diary to help clarify:
- Your symptoms of depression, anxiety or stress
- The things that trigger feelings of distress
- What creates positive or negative thoughts for you”.
Apart from keeping a diary, what are some self-management techniques for psychological symptoms of menopause?
On page two in Mental & Emotional Health: What Can You Do To Help Your Mental & Emotional Health the JH elaborate on what else you can do to manage your mental and emotional health.
Menopausal Hormone Therapy
May menopausal hormone therapy (MHT) be beneficial in improving mood?
One of the points of consensus in the Revised Global Consensus Statement on Menopausal Hormone Therapy: Section A: Benefit/Risk Profile of MHT – endorsed by seven menopause-related organizations – published online 20 June 2016, is:
- “MHT may be beneficial in improving mood in early postmenopausal women with depressive and/or anxiety symptoms. MHT may also be beneficial for perimenopausal women with major depression but antidepressant therapy remains first-line treatment in this setting”.
Where may I find more Menopause FAQs?
In Menopause FAQs: Expert Answers To Frequently Asked Questions About Menopause you may find Menopause FAQS: Menopause Symptoms where the NAMS explain:
Health Topics A-Z
Where may I find health topics related to Menopause FAQs: Depression, Anxiety, Moods?
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
Where may I find Menopause FAQs: Depression, Anxiety, Moods Links?
Your Country may have Links similar to: