Menopause FAQs: Cardiovascular Disease is some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about menopause, heart disease and stroke.
What are cardiovascular diseases (CVDs)?
Is there an association between menopause and CVD?
Does CVD kill more women than breast cancer?
In Cardiovascular Health: Risks & Causes – What To Do Next? the (Australian) Jean Hailes for Women’s Health explain:
- See your doctor for a discussion about your risks of developing cardiovascular disease including your family history and ethnic background
- Have an annual blood pressure check
- Have an annual blood test to measure your cholesterol
- Test for diabetes by having your blood glucose checked
- If you are a smoker discuss with your doctor all of the factors which affect your risk of developing cardiovascular disease
- Discuss your weight with your doctor to determine if this is a risk factor for you”.
What does it mean to Go Red for Women?
G: GET YOUR NUMBERS…
O: OWN YOUR LIFESTYLE…
R: REALIZE YOUR RISK…
E: EDUCATE YOUR FAMILY…
D: DON’T BE SILENT…”.
Where may I find more Menopause FAQs?
In Menopause FAQs: Expert Answers To Frequently Asked Questions About Menopause you may find Menopause FAQS: Your Health After Menopause where the NAMS explain:
Where may I find Menopause FAQs: Cardiovascular Disease links?
Your Country may have Links similar to:
Where may I find health topics related to Menopause FAQs: Cardiovascular Disease?
In Health Topics A-Z you may find: