Did your mother decide to stop using HT (hormone therapy) or HRT (hormone replacement therapy), so you decided not to use it?
In 2002, many women throughout the world decided to stop using HT. In Menopause Management: Menopause Hormone Therapy (MHT) – What Are the Risks of MHT? the (Australian) Jean Hailes for Women’s Health (JH) explain and elaborate on:
Since 2002, HT information has been continually updated. In the Revised Global Consensus Statement on Menopausal Hormone Therapy – endorsed by seven menopause-related organizations – published online 20 June 2016, one of the points of consensus about MHT (menopausal hormone therapy) is:
- “MHT, including tibolone and the combination of conjugated equine estrogens and bazedoxifene (CE/BZA), is the most effective treatment for vasomotor symptoms (VMS) associated with menopause at any age, but benefits are more likely to outweigh risks if initiated for symptomatic women before the age of 60 years or within 10 years after menopause”.
Depending on the Source the definition of VMS may vary. The International Menopause Society’s (IMS) definition is:
In the video Menopause – Is Menopausal Hormone Therapy (HRT) Safe? in the IMS’s seven Information About Menopause videos, an IMS spokesperson addresses common safety concerns about HT including the risk of blood clots, heart disease and breast cancer.
In Deciding About Hormone Therapy Use published in 2017, the North American Menopause Society elaborate on:
In Menopause: Medicines To Help You: Important Questions To Ask About Menopause Hormone Medicines the (United States) Food and Drug Administration (FDA) include:
- “Are hormones right for me? Why?
- What are the benefits?
- What are the serious risks and common side effects?
- How long should I use hormone therapy?
- What is the lowest dose that will work for me?
- Are there any non-hormone medicines that I can take?”.
If you choose not to use HT, there are alternatives. The IMS’s seven Information About Menopause videos, include the videos Menopause – Complementary Therapies and Menopause – Non-Hormonal Treatment Options.
In the Video Series-2018 the North American Society include the videos Nonhormone Prescription Options for Hot Flashes and The Truth About Nonpharmacologic Options for Hot Flashes.
Health Topics A-Z
Where may I find Health Topics related to Meno Martha, Mother, HT?
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
Where may I find Links related to Meno Martha, Mother, HT?
Your Country may have Links similar to: