3-7 September 2018, was Women’s Health Week in Australia, and May was National Women’s Health Week in the United States. Women’s mental health is important.
- Almost half of the women (46.1%) who responded to the survey had been diagnosed with depression or anxiety by a doctor or psychologist
- Two-thirds of women (66.9%) reported feeling nervous, anxious or on edge in the last four weeks
- More than a third of women (34.3%) reported not getting time to themselves on a weekly basis”.
During menopause some women may experience mood changes. In Menopause FAQ: Understanding the Symptoms: Does Menopause Cause Moodiness and Depression? the North American Menopause Society (NAMS) explain:
In Menopause FAQ: Understanding the Symptoms: Does Menopause Cause Moodiness and Depression? the NAMS also elaborate on:
In Who Can Assist: What Works? the (Australian) Beyondblue note:
- Lifestyle changes and social support
- Psychological or ‘talking’ therapies
- Medical therapies”.
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
Your Country may have Links similar to:Meno Martha