April is STD Awareness Month in the United States. Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)/Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) are not something any of us want. But …
- “More than 1 million sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are acquired every day worldwide
- Each year, there are an estimated 357 million new infections with 1 of 4 STIs: chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis and trichomoniasis
- More than 500 million people are estimated to have genital infection with herpes simplex virus (HSV)
- More than 290 million women have a human papillomavirus (HPV) infection
- The majority of STIs have no symptoms or only mild symptoms that may not be recognized as an STI”.
In Sexual Health & Menopause Online: Reminders and Resources – Safe Sex Rules Still Apply the North American Menopause Society (NAMS) remind us:
Depending on the Source the definition of STIs/STDs may vary. In Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs): Key Facts the WHO’s definition is:
Oral sex is not the answer to avoiding STIs/STDs. In Safer Sex & STIs: Safer Sex Practices the (Australian) Jean Hailes for Women’s Health elaborate on:
If you want to be tested for STDs/STIs you must ask. In Sexually Transmitted Infections: Does A Pap Test Screen for STIs? the Office on Women’s Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, Womenshealth.gov explain:
If you want to be tested for STIs, you must ask your doctor or nurse”.
Health Topics A-Z
Where may I find Health Topics related to Meno Martha and Sexually Transmitted Infections?
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
Where may I find Links related to Sexually Transmitted Infections?
Your Country may have Links similar to the (United States) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs): Diseases and Related Conditions and the NHS Choices (National Health Service, England) in Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) which include information about:
Where may I find Links related to Meno Martha and Sexually Transmitted Infections?
Your Country may have Links similar to: