In Calcium: Recommended Daily Calcium Intake – Women: 50+ the (Australian) Jean Hailes for Women’s Health explain:
- “When women go through menopause, there is a rapid loss of bone because of decreased oestrogen and this process may last from 4-8 years after menopause”.
In Healthy Body: Menopause and Your Bone Health the (United Kingdom) NHS (National Health Service) elaborate on:
So what can you do to protect your bones? In Prevention: What Can You Do To Protect Your Bones? the [United States] National Osteoporosis Foundation explain:
- “Get enough calcium and vitamin D and eat a well balanced diet
- Engage in regular exercise
- Eat foods that are good for bone health, such as fruits and vegetables
- Avoid smoking and limit alcohol to 2-3 drinks per day”.
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
Your Country may have Links similar to:Meno Martha