Hormone Therapy Update May 2023 showcases some recent evidence-based information by Menopause Societies and other International Sources.
How common are some menopause symptoms?
In Management of Menopausal Symptoms: A Review – Abstract: Importance, published 07 February 2023, the authors note:
What is hormone therapy (HT)?
Depending on the Source the definition of HT may vary. In Menopause Management: Menopausal Hormone Therapy (MHT) – What Is MHT? the (Australian) Jean Hailes for Women’s Health’s definition is:
HT Benefits vs Risks
For healthy women, do the benefits of HT generally outweigh the risks?
On page one in Deciding About Hormone Therapy Use: Potential Risks the North American Menopause Society elaborate on:
Health Care Provider
What if I would like some help to decide about taking HT?
If you would like some help to decide about taking HT it may be in your best interest to choose to discuss this with you health care provider.
On page two in the Joint Position Statement By the British Menopause Society, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and Society for Endocrinology on Best Practice Recommendations for the Care of Women Experiencing the Menopause one of the recommendations is:
- “The decision whether to take HRT, the dose and duration of its use should be made on an individualised basis after discussing the benefits and risks with each patient. This should be considered in the context of the overall benefits obtained from using HRT including symptom control and improving quality of life as well as considering the bone and cardiovascular benefits associated with HRT use”.
British Menopause Society
Where may I find some recent information by the British Menopause Society (BMS) about HT?
Some recent BMS Links include:
Dr Gail Busby and Dr Paula Briggs
Where may I find some recent information by Dr Gail Busby and Dr Paula Briggs about HT?
Some recent information by Dr Gail Busby and Dr Paula Briggs about HT includes:
Dr Louise Newson
Where may I find some recent information by Dr Louise Newson about HT?
Some recent information by Dr Louise Newson about HT includes:
Professor Susan Davis
Where may I find some recent information by Professor Susan Davis about HT?
Some recent information by Professor Susan Davis about HT includes:
Health Topics A-Z
Where may I find Health Topics related to Hormone Therapy Update May 2023?
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
Health Topics A-Z
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Hormone Therapy
- Hormone Therapy Alternatives
- Hormone Therapy Benefits and Risks
- Hormone Therapy Videos
- Hormone Therapy and Breast Cancer
- Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Plus Progestogen Therapy
- Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Therapy
- Hormone Therapy and Osteoporosis
- Hot Flushes Treatment
- Women’s Health Initiative
Where may I find Links related to Hormone Therapy Update May 2023?
Your Country may have Links similar to:
LinksThis Links List to third party websites is neither comprehensive nor exhaustive. Inclusion on this Links List does not imply endorsement or recommendation. Non-inclusion on this Links List does not imply non-endorsement or non-recommendation. Third party websites are not under the control of Meno Martha International Menopause Directory. Third party websites may contain explicit medical images and/or sexual references. Please read Meno Martha International Menopause Directory’s Links Policy before proceeding to a Link. Please contact Webmaster if you experience a problem with a Link.
- BMS Statement on Testosterone
- BMS TV: Testosterone Explained
- DHSC Announces New Scheme for Cheaper Hormone Replacement Therapy [United Kingdom]
- Deciding About Hormone Therapy Use
- Dr Louise Newson: The Truth About the Menopause & HRT
- FDA Approves Novel Drug To Treat Moderate To Severe Hot Flashes Caused By Menopause [12 May 2023]
- Find A Menopause Practitioner [United States and Other]
- Find An AMS Doctor [Australasian Menopause Society i.e. Australia and New Zealand]
- Find Your Nearest BMS Menopause Specialist [British Menopause Society]
- Guidance on Menopausal Hormone Therapy
- HRT & Menopause Extra
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) With Dr Nicky Peel & Prof. David Armstrong
- Hormone Therapy: Is It Right for You?2
- I Forgot To Ask the Doctor – E9: The Menopause: Can Every Woman That Wants It Have HRT?
- Joint BMS FSRH RCGP RCOG SfE and RCN Women’s Health Forum Safety Alert
- Joint Position Statement By the British Menopause Society, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and Society for Endocrinology on Best Practice Recommendations for the Care of Women Experiencing the Menopause
- Later Years (Around 50 Years and Over): Menopause and Post Menopause Health – Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) [+ Video: Is HRT Bad for You?]
- Management of Menopausal Symptoms: A Review
- Mayo Clinic Minute: Help With Hot Flashes Due To Menopause [+ Video Courtesy: Mayo Clinic News Network]
- Menopausal Hormone Therapy
- Menopausal Hormone Therapy – Fact Sheet
- Menopause Patient Information [Videos] 2. Talking To Your GP About Menopause
- Menopause Patient Information [Videos] 3. The Risks & Benefits of HRT
- Menopause Patient Information [Videos] 4. The Different Types of HRT
- Menopause Preparedness Toolkit Video Series: Treating Vasomotor Symptoms of Menopause
- Menopause Symptoms: Mayo Clinic Expert Outlines Hormone and Nonhormonal Therapies
- Menopause Treatments: What Works, What Doesn’t
- Menopause and HRT
- Menopause, Perimenopause, Hormone Therapy and Other Treatments With Madelyn Butler, MD [Podcast]
- Menopause: Ensuring A Tranquil Transition
- Menopause: Understanding the Changes and Finding Relief | Dr Susan Davis | The Proof Podcast EP 256
- Navigating Menopause: Expert Insights and Solutions | Dr Susan Davis | The Proof Podcast EP 245
- Study Author on Early Menopause and Hormone Replacement Therapy
- The Truth About Hormone Therapy for Menopause
- Vaginal Dryness
- Video Series-2022: Hormone Therapy: Understanding the Risks and Benefits
- Video Series-2023: Lifestyle Modification and Prevention of Breast Cancer
- Video Series-2023: Racial and Ethnic Differences in the Menopause Experience
- Videos and Podcasts: Videos – Interviews: A Simple Approach To Menopausal Assessment and Management
- Videos and Podcasts: Videos – Interviews: Heart Disease, Risk Factors of Developing Heart Disease, and Can I Take Hormones?
- Why Didn’t Anyone Tell Me This? Episode 3: Dr Annice Mukherjee: Your Essential Menopause Toolkit