“The American Heart Association’s signature women’s initiative, Go Red for Women, is a comprehensive platform designed to increase women’s heart health awareness…”.1
What may the Cardiovascular Disease and Go Red for Women Umbrella include?
Depending on the Source (DotS) this umbrella may include:
- Cardiovascular Conditions
- Cardiovascular Disease/s (CVD/CVDs)
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Diseases/Disorders of the Heart and Blood Vessels
- Diseases/Disorders of the Heart and Circulatory System
- Go Red for Women
- Heart Disease/s
- Heart and Circulatory Disease
What are cardiovascular diseases (CVDs)?
DotS the definition of CVD may vary. In Cardiovascular Diseases the World Health Organization’s definition is:
No 1 Killer of Women
Is CVD the No 1 killer of women?
Yes. The American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women note:
What is Go Red for Women?
In Rock Your Red! Go Red for Women explain:
National Wear Red Day 2023
When was National Wear Red Day 2023?
National Wear Red Day was Friday, February 3, 2023.
Go Red for Women
What does it mean to Go Red for Women?
In What It Means To Go Red for Women Go Red for Women elaborate on:
G: GET YOUR NUMBERS…
O: OWN YOUR LIFESTYLE…
R: REALIZE YOUR RISK…
E: EDUCATE YOUR FAMILY…
D: DON’T BE SILENT…”.5
Health Care Provider
What if I think I have CVD or I have a family history of CVD?
If you think you have CVD or you have a family history of CVD, it may be in your best interest to choose to talk to your health care provider about this.
In Menopause and Cardiovascular Risk Go Red for Women elaborate on:
“Talk to your health care team about your risk factors and how to prevent cardiovascular disease before, during and after menopause”.6
Health Topics A-Z
Where may I find Health Topics A-Z related to Cardiovascular Disease and Go Red for Women?
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
Where may I find Links related to Cardiovascular Disease and Go Red for Women?
Your Country may have Links similar to:
Where may I find the Sources quoted?
You may find the Sources quoted at:
- Rock Your Red! Go Red for Women https://www.goredforwomen.org/en Accessed: 01 October 2023
- Cardiovascular Diseases. World Health Organization https://www.who.int/health-topics/cardiovascular-diseases#tab=tab_1 Accessed: 01 October 2023
- Rock Your Red! https://www.goredforwomen.org/ Accessed: 01 October 2023
- Go Red for Women https://www.goredforwomen.org/en Accessed: 01 October 2023
- What It Means To Go Red for Women. Go Red for Women https://www.goredforwomen.org/en/get-involved/give/wear-red-and-give/what-it-means-to-go-red-for-women Accessed: 01 October 2023
- Menopause and Cardiovascular Risk. Last Reviewed: 27 July 2021. Go Red for Women https://www.goredforwomen.org/en/know-your-risk/menopause/menopause-and-cardiovascular-risk Accessed: 01 October 2023