Diabetes and menopause “can feel like a twin challenge” of what’s-what and what’s not, with symptoms such as hot flushes and night sweats or vaginal dryness and decreased libido.
Diabetes and Menopause
Can managing diabetes whilst going through menopause feel like a twin challenge?
The best way to remain in control is by knowing what to expect so that you can prepare yourself for the unique challenges that may lie ahead”.
Diabetes and Menopause Effects
How may diabetes and menopause team up?
In Diabetes and Menopause: A Twin Challenge – Diabetes and Menopause: What To Expect the (United States) Mayo Clinic elaborate on:
- Changes in blood sugar level….
- Weight gain…
- Sleep problems…
- Sexual problems”.
Diabetes and Menopause Management
What can we do to better manage diabetes and menopause?
- Make healthy lifestyle choices….
- Measure your blood pressure often…
- Measure your blood sugar frequently…
- Ask your doctor about adjusting your diabetes medications…
- Ask your doctor about cholesterol-lowering medications…
- Seek help for menopausal symptoms…”.
- Healthy lifestyle changes….
- Test your blood glucose regularly…
- Seek help for menopausal symptoms…
- Get assessed for heart disease risk…
- Protect your bones…”.
What is the theme for World Diabetes Day 2020 on 14 November?
Nurses currently account for over half of the global health workforce. They do outstanding work to support people living with a wide range of health concerns. People who either live with diabetes or are at risk of developing the condition need their support too”.
Health Topics A-Z
Where may I find Health Topics related to Diabetes and Menopause?
In Health Topics A-Z you may find:
Where may I find Links related to Diabetes and Menopause?
Your Country may have Links similar to: